31 replies to this topic

#1 EchoX860

EchoX860

Halo Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:11 PM

Set in the near future, Under the Dome tells the story of the residents of the small town of Chester's Mill, who suddenly find themselves cut off from the rest of the world by a mysterious, impenetrable barrier that surrounds the town. As the town begins to tear itself apart through panic, a small group of people attempt to maintain peace and order while also trying to uncover the truth behind the barrier and how to escape from it.

CBS’ Under the Dome was clearly a hit with its Monday night premiere, drawing 13.5 million total people (per Nielsen finals) to troubled li’l Chester’s Mill.

In the coveted 18-49 demo, the Stephen Kingsian drama series scored a 3.3, likely placing second only to NBC’s coverage of the Stanley Cup finals (which per preliminary numbers is starting off with a sure-to-grow 3.2, plus 8.3 million total viewers).

RELATED | Under the Dome Reader Poll – -Plus: The Producers Reveal What’s Next!

Under the Dome stands as broadcast TV’s most watched summer premiere since NBC’s The Singing Beecirca 2007 (13.3 mil), and CBS’ most watched summer launch since Big Brother in 2000 (22.3 mil).

In the demo, its CBS’ best summer debut since something called Fire Me Please, in 2005.

Hopefully viewers stay. 

#2 Lucas

Lucas

White Noise

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

It was a pretty good pilot episode. If anything, I would say the only problem they have is that they tried to introduce way too many storylines at once in the first hour honestly. They just tried a little too hard to squeeze it all in so it's kind of a cluster and haven't really focused much on the issue at hand -- the dome itself. I guess there's not much to discern yet. I'm intrigued by the kid kidnapping the girlfriend and the other guy burying the body at the beginning, but the other characters are pretty meh so far. We'll see where this goes. From my understanding this is just going to run the 13 episode season and that's it since it's based on a book.

#3 EchoX860

EchoX860

Halo Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

“This is not a miniseries,” Baer clarified, referencing early reports. “It’s a 13-episode series.” Continued Vaughan, “Stephen King’s book takes place over a relatively short period of time. But when we first started talking about [to him], he said, ‘When I came up with this idea, I envisioned a town being trapped for years at a time. That’s something that you guys could get to do that I didn’t, and that might necessitate a different ending.” That means fans of the novel can look forward to a completely different conclusion to the saga. “We pitched Stephen a far-out, big-swing [ending] for if we’re lucky enough for this to go several years, and he was so excited about it,” revealed Vaughan. -TVLine

#4 Mike

Mike

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,582 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

I really wanted to watch this but I had to cancel a few recordings in order to be able to watch the hockey game. I have a recording of the replay set for Sunday but tomorrow I'll probably check to see if the premiere is On Demand and I'll watch it there.

#5 Lucas

Lucas

White Noise

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

So they're saying it could potentially go on longer than one season... hmm....

#6 Andrew

Andrew

#TakeTheCrown

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,148 posts
  • LocationGravity Falls

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

I haven't watched this yet but I plan to.  I'm glad they're aiming for a different ending, because while I quite liked the book, the ending was a disappointment (pretty typical King, honestly).

#7 Lucas

Lucas

White Noise

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Haven't read the book. I'm fairly intrigued about it, but kinda don't want to semi-spoil the show haha.

#8 EchoX860

EchoX860

Halo Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

I don't know how long they were trapped in the book. But for the show they're doing 1 Episode =  1 Day.

#9 Mike

Mike

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,582 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'm all caught up on this now. What a great show. You see how much better a show is when they get on with the main story and don't bullshit us with filler while they stretch the mythology out for 10 seasons. This is the way all TV should be.

#10 NinjaNick101

NinjaNick101

Ninja

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

I have seen the show so far. Very dramatic and intense stuff. I'll be looking forward to some more episodes.

2014 Top 10 AOTY rankings (as of 10/13): 1. Beartooth 2. Demon Hunter 3. Anberlin 4. Linkin Park 5. Weezer 6. For Today 7. Chiodos 8. Against Me!  9. Rise Against 10. Wovenwar

2014 Album count: 58

AOTY watch: Rancid, Lagwagon, PVRIS, Project 86, Foo Fighters, The Ghost Inside, Punk Goes Pop 6, Circa Survive

#11 Mike

Mike

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,582 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

One thing I don't like is how the people outside of the dome ignore the people in it. Sure it's probably a quarantine situation but you think they would've at least put a sign up explaining that they're trying to get it open or something. It seems a little odd that the people inside are basically just guinea pigs and the government doesn't make any attempt to speak with them and let them know they're trying to help. And I get that the people there on the ground might have some rules where they can't try to communicate with the people in the dome but it seems a little weird that they don't even have any reactions at all to the stuff going on right in front of them. Like when the kid put his hand on the dome and it got wet from the water on the other side, you think the scientist people would've at least looked at him. And then at the end when the guy got killed and the people on the outside have no reaction to it at all. It seems like they don't even see it.

When the season is over they should do a special called Outside The Dome where you get the reactions of the rest of the world to the dome dropping.

#12 EchoX860

EchoX860

Halo Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Good one this week

#13 Lucas

Lucas

White Noise

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

First thing I thought about when I saw the premise. Why don't they just dig under the sombitch?! LOL.

#14 NinjaNick101

NinjaNick101

Ninja

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

There's going to be a second season Summer 2014. Being one of the most watched shows of the summer, I'm not too surprised.

2014 Top 10 AOTY rankings (as of 10/13): 1. Beartooth 2. Demon Hunter 3. Anberlin 4. Linkin Park 5. Weezer 6. For Today 7. Chiodos 8. Against Me!  9. Rise Against 10. Wovenwar

AOTY watch: Rancid, Lagwagon, PVRIS, Project 86, Foo Fighters, The Ghost Inside, Punk Goes Pop 6, Circa Survive

#15 Lucas

Lucas

White Noise

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, Mike posted that in the Got TV / Movie News thread. I'm kinda curious where they will go with it. I assume the dome doesn't leave after the first season, too.

#16 EchoX860

EchoX860

Halo Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

It's a dome in a dome! Domeception

#17 Mike

Mike

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,582 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Another great episode. It's a shame all this story progression is gonna come to a Walking Dead-like screeching halt when season 2 begins.

#18 EchoX860

EchoX860

Halo Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

Still a good show, but I feel it's getting silly now. Despite being in a DOME this weeks episode was kind of windy.

#19 Lucas

Lucas

White Noise

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Why wasn't everything destroyed beyond the dome when they were touching it? The bomb pretty much ravaged the outside a few weeks ago?

#20 NinjaNick101

NinjaNick101

Ninja

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

These plots are as twisty as pretzels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users