22 replies to this topic

#1 AAguitarist21

AAguitarist21

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

So i was just wondering what are your favorite venus? Here in Tulsa we have some pretty great ones, We have the historic Cains Ballroom, the newly built BOK center, the Brady Theater, Convention Center, Spiritbank event center, I work at the BOK center, pretty awesome arena! Attached File  bok-center-at-night-450.jpg   22.84K   5 downloads

#2 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 15,104 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

in America: The Machine Shop in Flint, Michigan

#3 Chris7

Chris7

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

All time favorite, from living in Kansas City for 3 years is the Midland Theater....I think Nixon can attest to it's beauty

And my favorite local venue in Omaha, has to be the Waiting Room Lounge

My Top Albums of 2014 (Ongoing)

1. Chevelle "La Gargola" 2. Linkin Park "The Hunting Party" 3. Seether "Isolate and Medicate" 4. ††† (Crosses) "Crosses" 5. Of Mice & Men "Restoring Force"

Anticipated Releases

Papa Roach, Tremonti, Slash, Slipknot, Foo Fighters

#4 jjwsta

jjwsta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

Easily the Machine Shop. Saint Andrews in Detroit would be right up there too if it wasn't owned and operated by Live Nation.

#5 wired.illusion

wired.illusion

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

I've only been to venues around Florida, some in Atlanta, and then some in Wisconsin. So not much travel experience to other venues :( If I had to pick a favorite local venue it would be House of Blues Orlando. Though The Plaza Live is starting to become a favorite as well.

#6 AAguitarist21

AAguitarist21

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Nixon have yall ever played in oklahoma??

#7 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,642 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

Worcester Palladium gets most of the best metal shows in the area. A lot of the good smaller bands skip Boston and got to Worcester instead. Mohegan Sun in CT is good as well for a smaller arena sized venue.

#8 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 15,104 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Nixon have yall ever played in oklahoma??

yea, surprisingly in 6 years of touring we've only played there 3 times. couldn't tell you the venues. the first one was a small one with no ac. it was on our first tour with Evans Blue. shit hole of a venue but one of my favorite, fondest show memories in our band's career

#9 AAguitarist21

AAguitarist21

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Ha I imagine it was the marquee, that was where my band played our first headliner. Why was it one of the fondest memories?

#10 revlongoo

revlongoo

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

As a touring individual The Machine Shop is the greatest. Kevin and his crew are all around amazing people. I also quite enjoyed The Norva in Norfolk, VA. As a concert goer, Red Rocks Amphitheatre wins hands down. 

Maybe I'm an idiot

#11 JasonG

JasonG

Optimist Prime

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

As a touring individual The Machine Shop is the greatest. Kevin and his crew are all around amazing people. I also quite enjoyed The Norva in Norfolk, VA. As a concert goer, Red Rocks Amphitheatre wins hands down. 

I've always wanted to go to Red Rocks.....need to make a trip out there.

#12 J4ESTER

J4ESTER

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,163 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

I like the Masqurade in ATL. HOB in Myrtle Beach. Rams Head Live in Bmore. The Rave in Milwaukee. 

#13 jman3000

jman3000

I Wanna Rock!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

In the entire country, the best I've been to would be Ace of Spades in Sacramento, CA, Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA, Chameleon Club, Lancaster, PA, HOB, Myrtle Beach, SC, and Amos Southend in Charlotte, NC. For an arena/large venue, my favorite is Hersheypark Stadium.

AOTY Contenders of 2014 So Far:  1. Skindred 2. Nothing More (technicality)  3. The Alpha Complex  4. Powerman 5000  5. Framing Hanley 6. Starset 

Anticipated Albums for 2014: 1. Thousand Foot Krutch 2. 9Electric 3. Heartist 4. Theory of a Deadman (Promising) 5. Burn Halo 6. Fozzy 7. Pillar 8. Sleepwave 9. Nonpoint 10. Art of Dying??

#14 Salemzorro

Salemzorro

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

The Concorde 2 in Brighton, I've never seen a bad show there, the sound is great and the atmosphere is always killer.

#15 Chris7

Chris7

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

The Concorde 2 in Brighton, I've never seen a bad show there, the sound is great and the atmosphere is always killer.

Someday I want to come to England and go to shows at all of the famous venues.....the one time I came to London I didn't even have time to go by them.

Someday......

My Top Albums of 2014 (Ongoing)

1. Chevelle "La Gargola" 2. Linkin Park "The Hunting Party" 3. Seether "Isolate and Medicate" 4. ††† (Crosses) "Crosses" 5. Of Mice & Men "Restoring Force"

Anticipated Releases

Papa Roach, Tremonti, Slash, Slipknot, Foo Fighters

#16 Salemzorro

Salemzorro

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Someday I want to come to England and go to shows at all of the famous venues.....the one time I came to London I didn't even have time to go by them.

Someday......

I love London, I couldn't live there anymore but I'm still close enough to go to gigs. The best time to visit for shows is November for some reason that month is usually rammed with bands playing here. The weather's crap mind.

Save up, it's not that expensive if you know where to stay.

#17 pen

pen

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,887 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

House Of Blues Orlando for me!

#18 heldjc

heldjc

Cory

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

I liked House of Blues in Cleveland quite a bit. Bogart's is meh but that's the only place in Cincinnati I've seen shows. Sucks that it's in the straight hood. LC Pavilion in Columbus is cool, has a nice inside and outside setup. 

#19 revlongoo

revlongoo

Regular

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

I don't know why I can never get the quote function to work for me. Jason, the acoustics and ambience at Red Rocks are incomparable.

JasonG

Optimist Prime

• photo-555.jpg?_r=1353361916
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 4190 posts

Maybe I'm an idiot

#20 Paul

Paul

Suit Up

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

I live 20 minutes from it =D

Contenders for AOTY 2014

Miss Fortune / Linkin ParkBreathe Carolina / Framing Hanley / Slaves

Currently Also Listening To

Nothing More / Ivoryline / Phil Collins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users