304 replies to this topic

#1 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

since we don't have any fantasy football threads until next season, I figured we could use one of these threads where we just come in to talk about the big game in any given sport. Bc a lot of times it isn't "new" so no need to put it in "got NFL news" etc when this is where we can just come and have sports discussions akin to our FF threads

ya dig??

#2 Mike

Mike

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,612 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

ya dig??

Absolutely not. I demand organization. The got news threads will do just. If there's a big event like the Super Bowl or March Madness it will get its own thread. I don't want to have to shuffle through a thread with basketball or fantasy football discussion to get to stuff I might care about. If you want, maybe rename the thread "TL FF off-season discussion" or something like that.

#3 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

If you want, maybe rename the thread "TL FF off-season discussion" or something like that.

no, bc I'm not just talking about football

#4 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,415 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Enough with the sports. More music, less sports. Nixon, I know this is going to piss you off but you dont even look like a guy who would be really into sports. Yes I know thats stereotyping and its wrong so try not to get too upset.

#5 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

Enough with the sports. More music, less sports. Nixon, I know this is going to piss you off but you dont even look like a guy who would be really into sports. Yes I know thats stereotyping and its wrong so try not to get too upset.

hahaha, that doesn't piss me off. I get it all the time. People are blown away when they find out how into sports I am. Other than Chris, our drummer, and hockey, NO ONE else in my band watches sports

also, this thread will be useful

#6 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,415 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Where you athletic as a child and did you play sports ?

#7 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Where you athletic as a child and did you play sports ?

were*

no, i was more of a grammar police type of guy. haha jk
I always wanted to play football but my parents didn't let me try out bc I had a C on my report card so I never really tried to again. I taught my brother all about football, then he grows up and plays and holds the state record for most interceptions

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I'd trade any music "talent" if I could've succeeded at a pro level in football or soccer
I'm excited as hell about my kids hopefully playing sports. My wife was very into soccer and wanted to do it on a pro women's level but tore her ACL in college and never played again. I have a feeling though my oldest is unfortunately gonna be a musician

#8 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,415 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

If a parent wants to stop their kids from playing football or soccer because they are worried about head injuries, then I dont have a problem with it. I have to imagine that those parents who are like that are in the minority though.

#9 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

If a parent wants to stop their kids from playing football or soccer because they are worried about head injuries, then I dont have a problem with it. I have to imagine that those parents who are like that are in the minority though.

I have a problem with my kids playing football bc of what we know about head injuries now, but if Kaedyn or Landry wanna play when they get old enough to make those decisions themselves then I'm not gonna stop them (high school)
Until then, I'll try to get them to seek other alternatives such as flag football

#10 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Tebow snubbed again
McElroy hurt, Sanchez starting

#11 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,415 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

^ Hmmm that looks like something that would be posted in the FF thread. Sneaky sneaky.

#12 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

^ Hmmm that looks like something that would be posted in the FF thread. Sneaky sneaky.

we already established we won't have anymore FF threads until next season. Football is a sport.
This is "general sports discussion"

some things, like Andrew's cool stats he's been on a roll with lately, should go somewhere like this thread as opposed to "Got NFL News"
also, if there was a badass play in a game, instead of posting it in the "Got NFL News" or whatever sport it is, it should be posted here since it's not news

#13 Mike

Mike

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,612 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I taught my brother all about football, then he grows up and plays and holds the state record for most interceptions

I'm guessing he played quarterback? :P

Tebow snubbed again

He'll probably be a member of the Jaguars within the next two weeks. So stupid that they just got the guy for publicity and had no intention of using him. Stupid Jets only interested in being the center of attention.

I'll try to get them to seek other alternatives such as flag football

Flag football?! Might as well take the first L out of the name.

some things, like Andrew's cool stats he's been on a roll with lately, should go somewhere like this thread as opposed to "Got NFL News"
also, if there was a badass play in a game, instead of posting it in the "Got NFL News" or whatever sport it is, it should be posted here since it's not news

Well I was making threads for each week of the season but it got 1/10 of the discussion of the FF thread so I stopped doing it. Now that the FF season is done we'll be having weekly NFL threads from week 17 until the Super Bowl.

#14 Lucas

Lucas

White Noise

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,659 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hahaha. I think this is one of your best posts recently.

#15 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'm guessing he played quarterback? :P

CORNERback, yes

while i laughed at your comment, I will say that it is something I never considered crossing my mind until I had a child. makes you think about things a lot differently my friend. the day our 2nd son was born, when they took him away to the nursery we had the tv in my wife's room on ESPN and it was an Outside the Lines about some kid who broke his neck playing pop warner football. my wife and i were practically in tears.
Lots of NFL players won't allow their boys to play football now. I believe Aarington is the guy who basically said the same thing I did re: flag football until they can make their own decision

#16 Andrew

Andrew

#TakeTheCrown

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,165 posts
  • LocationGravity Falls

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

I fully support flag football. All the fun with none of the physicality.

#17 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Legend

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,415 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I fully support the castration of our male children.

Sorry man, too easy, couldnt resist. :lol:

#18 Mike

Mike

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,612 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

that it is something I never considered crossing my mind until I had a child. makes you think about things a lot differently

I know. I was just making a joke about how if there's no tackling it's really not football. If I had a kid I'd prefer him to play baseball cause football is really physical. And if you want your kid to be a famous athlete, a catcher in baseball is the way to go. Not a popular position at all so it's the easiest to get into.

#19 nixon

nixon

Milk Steak Chef

• Artists
  • 16,259 posts
  • LocationDaddy Daycare

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I see that this thread was a hit amongst the rest of you

#20 Mike

Mike

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,612 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

This thread lives, Nixon! If only because there was no sports-specific thread to put it under.

Stuart Scott has cancer: This sucks. I hope he pulls through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users